Hiring a contractor isn’t just a matter of Googling “concrete contractor in Sanford, NC” and going with the first result you find. Anyone can call themselves a contractor, but that doesn’t mean they’re qualified and able to provide the results you desire. Choosing the right contractor takes some research and planning. Here’s how to find the right one for your next project:
- Know exactly what you want: For best results, you need to know what you need. Do you want a simple paved driveway? A stamped concrete patio and matching walkways? Do you want stains? How large is the project? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you tell potential contractors what you’re looking for, so they can give you accurate quotes.
- Know when you need the project to be finished: Next, think about when you need the project completed—and don’t forget to factor in an additional week of drying and curing time. If you can be flexible, you’re more likely to get a better deal. As a general rule, it’s best to make sure you’re never in a rush. Otherwise, you’ll end up paying more for the same service.
- Research contractors: Now it’s time to research contractors. Google concrete contractors to find out who does business in your area, then investigate these companies. Look at Google and Yelp reviews to see what former customers think. Pay attention to the overall feedback and look for general patterns. Are people happy? Are the contractors good at one job but not another?
- Get a written quote and contract: After you’ve narrowed down potential contractors, you can get a written quote and sample contract. This will help you compare prices as well as services—and ensure no one can raise the price on you later, since you have proof of a lower quote.
- Make sure you understand everything included: What’s included in your contract, and what isn’t? If you’re removing old pavement, is that included in the price? How about hauling the debris away? The benefits of choosing and hiring a concrete contractor in Sanford, NC include the fact that they should be able to take care of the entire project for you.
- Ask for portfolios and testimonials: A good contractor will not only have a portfolio, but they’ll also put you in touch with former clients who can speak to the quality of their work. Former customers are the best way to find out more about a concrete contractor. You can find out what went well, what could have been improved and whether they’d work with the company again. This is a great way to find out more about a concrete contractor’s skill set in Sanford, NC.
- Check business licenses: Finally, check the contractor’s business license and insurance to make sure they’re legitimate, and you’ll be covered in case of an accident.
Doing some research and interviewing multiple contractors is the best way to find the right company for your next project. To learn more about the benefits you’ll get when you hire the experts at Maddox Concrete, LLC, call us today. We offer a variety of services, including installation and repair.